Long, Healthy Eyelashes
Out of the abundance of products that say they can give you longer lashes, only a few actually work and don’t contain any harsh chemicals.
The key to achieve longer lashes is by maintaining their health.
100% Pure has a variety of natural products that help with lash growth, keeping them hydrated and conditioned, and enhancing them without harsh chemicals.
If you’re looking for ways to help your lashes grow, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll fill you in on what causes lash growth (or not) and give you four tips to encourage your lashes to grow naturally.
The Phases of Your Lashes’ Life
Your lashes grow at a rate specific to you, just like other hair on your body. In other words, no one else’s hair grows exactly at the same rate as yours. Your lashes also go through four distinct phases in their life cycle:
The growth phase is the section of your lash cycle that can last up to ten weeks. During this time, each individual Lash hair is constantly growing from the root. The process starts at the base of your lashes’ follicles, so technically, the lash fibers you see are just the dead ends.
Your lash goes through different phases, and during the growth phase, your lash transitions from active to resting. The hair follicle shrinks and becomes cut off from the blood supply that helps it grow.
The resting phase, also referred to as the telogen phase, is when eyelashes no longer grow but are not yet ready to fall out. This phase can last anywhere from days to weeks.
You’re mostly seeing lashes in the telogen phase on your lash line because new growth is difficult to spot since the hairs are so small and close to where they need to be.
The lash has completed its growth cycle and falls out when a new hair starts growing in the follicle.
Eyelashes have a life cycle of four to eleven months.
That might seem like a long time, especially if your lash extension provider insists you come in monthly for maintenance. However, it’s important to remember that each individual lash is on a different cycle. Lashes fall out daily during the exogen phase.
Reasons For Lash Growth
One’s likelihood of having long eyelashes usually comes down to genetics. If one or both parents have them, it’s likely that their child will as well.
If you weren’t born with long and luscious lashes, don’t worry! There are steps you can take to help your eyelashes grow during the anagen (active growth) phase.
By following a healthy diet, getting enough rest, and avoiding stressors, you can promote lash growth.
4 Ways to Get Longer Lashes
Having voluminous and lengthy lashes is not impossible. You just have to be patient, use the right products, and take care of your lashes properly. Below are four tips that can guide you.
- Use mascara that is packed with nutrients to give your lashes a lift, volume, and healthy look.
Even though the tube says “lengthening,” don’t be fooled; your mascara likely doesn’t have anything inside of it to help make your lashes grow.
If you want lash growth, you’ll need a product that has pro-lash ingredients in it. Mascara may coat your lashes with fibers or finishes that create an appearance of lengthier lashes, but they are only masking the reality.
Not only does 100% Pure’s Fruit Pigmented Ultra Lengthening Mascara give you longer, darker, and more defined lashes, but it also nourishes your lashes with ingredients that promote growth and lash health.
Our mascara not only lengthens and darkens your lashes, but it also creates lift from the lash line that helps open the eye and create better definition.
Pro Peptides: The Healthier Alternative to Lashes
Toss out those serums with unrecognizable ingredients and icky side effects- pro peptides are here to help you grow healthy, luscious lashes without any of the fuss.
Pro peptides are beneficial for hair growth because they are chains of amino acids. Amino acids make up proteins, and when you consume them, your body is able to build new proteins. One example of a protein that can be stimulated by consuming amino acids is keratin. Keratin is essential for growing new hair.
Pro peptides not only strengthen your current lashes, but also promote follicle growth for healthier and revitalized lashes.
2. Apply Mascara Like a Pro
If you’ve been wearing mascara since your teenage years, as most people have, you might not be applying it correctly. The proper method is to apply the mascara brush at the root of the top lashes.
- Carefully remove the wand from its tube. Try not to thrust it in and out of the container multiple times, as this leads to air bubbles forming which can degrade your product quality.
- To get the perfect amount of mascara, simply pull out the wand. Wiping or scraping off excess product is unnecessary and will only waste your mascara.
- Start by putting mascara on the middle of your lashes slowly in outward strokes that angle. The main part of applying should be here before going to the edges of your eyes, both outer and inner.
- Allow your upper lashes to dry completely before moving on to mascara your lower lashes. Applying the same technique here, be mindful not to get any product on the skin at the base of your lash line.
Be careful not to go overboard when applying your second coat of mascara, or you’ll end up with clumped together lashes that resemble a tarantula.
- Remove Your Mascara Correctly
Not removing your mascara, or not properly removing it, is one of the easiest ways to damage your lashes and stunt their growth.
Leaving mascara on your lashes overnight causes them to become dry and brittle; the perfect recipe for breaking.
Abrasive cloths, pulling, or tugging on your natural lash fibers not only removes them but also damages your delicate eye skin causing irritation, redness, and dryness.
You should always take your mascara off before bed, and we recommend using a delicate makeup remover. It’s gentle on your lashes and will remove even waterproof mascara formulas without damaging your natural lashes.
Raw coconut cream is also an effective way to remove eye makeup while also promoting lash health. The fatty acids and antimicrobial properties help keep lashes healthy and hydrated.
- Eat Healthy
If you want your lashes to grow, you must improve your diet. Eating more nutrient and vitamin-rich foods are key for lash growth.
Not sure what kind of nutrients help with Lash growth? Here’s a list of the best ingredients to include in both your diet and topical products.
- Lean Protein. Did you know that your lashes need protein to grow? Just like the rest of your hair, they rely on amino acids for growth and repair. Salmon is a great choice because it contains omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for keeping your hair follicles healthy.
- Vitamin A. Not only is it a potent antioxidant but also helps eyelash growth by keeping the hair follicle lubricated with sebum. This, in turn, keeps the hair healthy. Vitamin A can be ingested and used topically for best results.
- Biotin. Biotin is essential for maintaining healthy hair and preventing hair loss. You can find biotin in many different kinds of food, such as peanuts, almonds, and fish.
- Folic acid. It is important for lash health because it helps with cell repair. Foods rich in folic acid include beans, broccoli, spinach and whole wheat bread.
- Iron. Iron is an essential nutrient for strong hair shafts, and your lashes will benefit from including iron in your diet. You can get more iron in your diet by eating chicken, green leafy vegetables, and nuts.
- Calcium. Calcium is important for lash growth because it helps keep cells strong, which then allows keratin cells to function properly. You can get calcium from dairy products, leafy green vegetables, and tofu.
Did you know that what you eat can actually affect the appearance of your lashes? It’s true! By adding these foods into your diet, you can help ensure that your lashes are getting the vitamins and nutrients they need from the inside to promote lash growth. And products that contain some of these same nourishing ingredients can help encourage lashes to stay stronger when applied topically.
If you want healthy and strong lashes, nourish them with moisturizing products. Propeptides help to encourage growth naturally. With a few diet changes, the correct mascara application and removal process, and propeptides, your lashes will be fuller, longer, and healthier.