Transform Your Look
Transform the way you look by contouring and highlighting! Fear not, as our National Makeup Artist Janeena Billera is here to share her best tips on how to define, accentuate and downplay features with light and shade. Janeena, who has a medium complexion with a warm undertone, loves jane iredale’s GreatShape Contour Kit – so why don’t you give it a try too? With these simple techniques at your fingertips, nothing can stand in the way of making yourself look fabulous!
- To give her face a more angular shape, she used the warmer shade to delicately accentuate her hairline and add contours on her cheeks.
- To slim down her nose, she used an eyeshadow blending brush and the same shade of makeup to create a seamless look.
- Utilizing the dome shaped brush, she applies a highlight to the middle of her forehead, down the bridge of her nose and on top of her cheekbones.
Rhiannon has an olive complexion and light skin tone, meaning she can select from both Contour Kits shades based on her desired outcome. To achieve a natural look for daily wear, fair to light is most ideal; however, if seeking more contrast or intensity than medium to dark should be the obvious choice.
- Applying the shade cool, and using the contour brush’s tapered end, she effortlessly blended contours 1 and 2 together in order to shape her nose line, hairline, and cheekbones.
- Then, the warmer color from the kit in Warm was applied using its domed end of the Contour Brush to her lower jawline. This shade can also be used as a bronzer!
- For a luminous look, Rhiannon applied a shimmer highlight from 100% Pure to the arch of her cheekbones.