Get Fabulous and Flourishing Hair
Diet and supplements can be essential for maintaining healthy hair. In some cases, thinning hair is a result of hormonal imbalances that resolve themselves over time; in other situations, vitamin deficiencies or more severe health problems may cause it. (If you experience unexplained hair loss, please consult your doctor.) By following a clean eating diet with beneficial tips for shiny locks and radiant skin, you’ll get the nourishment necessary to attain gorgeous tresses!
Embrace these simple habits to nourish your hair and enjoy luscious locks!
Severely restricting your calorie or protein intake can lead to thinning hair and dry, brittle locks. On the other hand, nourishing yourself with healthy food results in lush and vibrant tresses that look and feel amazing. Eat right for great-looking hair!
- Protein is essential for healthy hair, as it makes up the majority of your tresses. To ensure you get enough protein, incorporate beans, nuts, fish, lean meats such as chicken or turkey breast and eggs into your diet. Additionally, yogurt can be a great source of this valuable nutrient to keep your locks looking luscious!
- For beautiful, touchable hair, one should get their fill of fatty foods such as oily fish, raw nuts and seeds, avocado and flax—as well as the oils derived from these sources. It’s essential to understand that without fat intake in some form or another, many key vitamins and minerals cannot be properly absorbed by your body.
- Incorporating omega-3s, -6s, and -7s into your diet can make a world of difference. For the utmost benefit, consider incorporating sources like oily fish and cold-pressed flaxseed oil into your meals.
- Iron plays a key role in promoting proper circulation, which is essential for healthy skin and hair. Adding beans, eggs, meat, broccoli or spinach to your diet are excellent ways to get more iron into your body!
- Vitamin A, found in foods like carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach and peaches – as well as supplements such as cod liver oil and krill oil – is essential for a healthy scalp. It helps promote the growth of sebum to keep your hair soft and supple while reducing breakage.
- Vitamin C, found in foods such as citrus fruits, bell peppers, guavas, kale, kiwis and cantaloupe is an antioxidant that helps to facilitate the absorption of minerals like iron (for better circulation) and magnesium.
- Vitamin E is a great supplement for your heart, thanks to its ability to stimulate capillary growth and reduce inflammation. But it’s also amazing for your hair! You can get vitamin E from dark leafy greens, almonds, avocados, sunflower seeds, shellfish, fish or eggs – plus you can rub in some Vitamin E oil directly onto the scalp as well. There are so many ways of getting more Vitamin E into your diet which will make such a difference to both the health of your heart and the appearance of beautiful locks alike!
- If your body lacks zinc, it can have a direct impact on hair loss. Fortunately, there are several delicious and nutritious foods with high levels of zinc including oysters, beans, crab, lobster, chicken and nuts. So make sure to add these nutrient-rich staples into your diet for healthier locks!
- Biotin, a B vitamin which is present in yeast, liver, egg yolks, soy and walnuts – along with hair-growth supplements – can yield incredible results for sustaining healthy hair growth.
- Vitamin B5 has been proven to halt hair loss and promote healthy growth of your locks. Greek yogurt is a great source of this nutrient, as well as protein – both vital for keeping those tresses in tip-top shape!