Bring Out Your Eyes With Your Eyelash Extensions
Eyelash Extensions Dos And Don’ts
Eyelash extensions are a great way to enhance the appearance of your lashes and give you that extra pop of glamor. However, with any beauty treatment, there are certain things you should do (and not do) to make sure your extensions last as long as possible and stay looking their best. In this blog post, we’ll go over some of the dos and don’ts of eyelash extensions to help you get the most out of your investment.
- Choose a reputable lash artist: This is one of the most important things you can do to ensure the longevity and safety of your extensions. Make sure you research your lash artist and read reviews from past clients. Look for someone who has experience, uses high-quality products, and follows proper sanitization protocols.
- Clean your lashes regularly: Cleaning your lashes on a regular basis is crucial for maintaining their health and longevity. Use a gentle, oil-free cleanser to remove any dirt, oil, or makeup from your lashes and around your eyes.
- Be gentle with your lashes: Be mindful of how you touch and manipulate your lashes. Avoid rubbing your eyes or using rough towels that can pull out your extensions. When applying makeup, make sure you use oil-free products and avoid getting any products near your lashes.
- Follow aftercare instructions: Your lash artist will provide you with aftercare instructions to help you keep your extensions in the best condition possible. Make sure you follow these instructions closely and ask any questions you may have.
- Prepare your lashes before appointment: Before your appointment, make sure your lashes are clean and free of any oils or makeup. This will help the adhesive adhere properly and ensure a long-lasting result.
- Communicate with your lash artist: Communication is key when it comes to eyelash extensions. Make sure you discuss your desired look and any allergies or sensitivities you have with your lash artist before the appointment. This will help to ensure a positive and safe experience.
- Avoid excessive heat: Just like exposure to moisture, excessive heat can weaken the adhesive and cause your extensions to fall out. Be mindful of sources of heat, such as hair dryers, hot yoga, and saunas, and limit exposure as much as possible.
- Use oil-based products: Oil-based products can break down the adhesive used to secure your extensions, causing them to fall out. Avoid using oils or oil-based products around your eyes and on your lashes.
- Sleep on your stomach: Sleeping on your stomach can put pressure on your lashes and cause them to fall out or become misshapen. Try to sleep on your back or with a silk pillowcase to reduce friction and protect your extensions.
- Wear false lashes or mascara: False lashes and mascara can be too heavy for your extensions and cause them to fall out. If you must wear them, be sure to remove them gently and avoid pulling on your extensions.
- Try to remove them yourself: Removing your extensions yourself can be damaging to your natural lashes and result in a poor-looking outcome. If you need to remove your extensions, it’s best to see a professional for a safe and effective removal process.
- Avoid exposure to moisture: Exposure to moisture, such as steam, hot showers, and swimming, can weaken the adhesive and cause your extensions to fall out. Be sure to avoid exposure to moisture for the first 24-48 hours after your extensions are applied, and then limit exposure as much as possible. If you do get your lashes wet, use a dryer on a cool setting to gently dry them.
- Brush your lashes regularly: Regular brushing of your lashes will help to keep them separated and looking their best. Use a clean, soft-bristled brush to gently comb through your lashes and remove any tangles.
- Schedule touch-up appointments: Touch-up appointments are necessary to keep your extensions looking full and fresh. Schedule your touch-ups every 2-4 weeks, or as recommended by your lash artist.
- Use any other products on your lashes: In addition to avoiding oil-based products, it’s important to avoid using any other products on your lashes that have not been recommended by your lash artist. This can include eyelash serums, creams, and other treatments that may interfere with the adhesive or cause an adverse reaction.
- Ignore signs of irritation: If you experience any signs of irritation, such as redness, itching, or swelling, it’s important to see your lash artist or a doctor right away. Ignoring these symptoms can lead to more serious health problems, including infection.
- Neglect your natural lashes: While it’s important to take care of your extensions, it’s also important to remember to take care of your natural lashes. Keep them clean and nourished, and avoid any treatments that may be too harsh or damaging.
- Skimp on quality products: When it comes to eyelash extensions, using high-quality products is key to ensuring their longevity and appearance. Avoid using products that may be expired or contain low-quality ingredients, as these can cause damage to your lashes.
- Choose a reputable lash artist: When choosing a lash artist, be sure to research and choose one that is experienced and has a good reputation. A reputable lash artist will use high-quality products and techniques to ensure the best results for your lashes.
- Take breaks from extensions: While eyelash extensions are a great option for enhancing your appearance, it’s important to take breaks from them every once in a while. Taking a break will allow your natural lashes to rest and recover, and prevent damage from long-term use.
- Wear heavy mascara: Wearing heavy mascara on top of your extensions can cause them to become weighed down and look unnatural. If you want to enhance your lashes, consider using a light, fiber-based mascara that won’t damage your extensions.
In conclusion, eyelash extensions are a popular beauty trend that can enhance your appearance and make you feel more glamorous. However, it’s important to remember that they require extra care and attention to keep them looking their best. By following these dos and don’ts, you can enjoy your extensions for a long time and keep them in top condition. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to consult with your lash artist.