Learn These Important Skincare Tips For Every Skin Situation
To aid you in your journey to identify which supplements will help maintain healthy skin, we have provided some potential options below. But before delving into it all, let’s reconsider our discussion on the different types of skin – or better yet, quit talking about it altogether!
Let’s leave the dated designations of “dry” and “oily,” as well as other skin types from the last decade behind us once and for all! Your complexion is so sophisticated; it shouldn’t be confined to one or two words. To really do justice to your skin, strive towards a healthy balance where you nourish it enough that its natural processes come back into equilibrium.
Your skin is always evolving, so steer away from sticking to a one-size-fits-all skincare routine and determine which products are best suited for your complexion. After all, you know your skin better than anyone else!
If your skin feels dry, characterized by roughness, itching, or flakiness, look no further than:
Serums and moisturizers fortified with humectants are like magnets, extracting moisture from the atmosphere as well as deep within your skin. These humectants pull in surrounding humidity to nourish your face–but be careful!
If there’s less dampness outside than inside of you, these humectants will take away water from where it belongs instead of bringing new sources in. In that case, they won’t do any good at all.
If your skin is dry, it’s ideal for applying humectants when in a more humid environment. When stepping out of the shower into the steamy bathroom or near a humidifier are perfect times for this type of moisturizing treatment.
Looking to restore hydration and moisture of your skin? Keep an eye out for humectants! Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hyaluronic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, and Sodium PCA are just a few of the common selections. Sorbitol Allantoin, Honey, Aloe Vera Seaweed, and Algae can also be useful ingredients when looking to add extra smoothness or nourishment. 100% PURE has a specific section on their website for dry skin that you can check and find the best products.
If you’re struggling with dry, dead skin cells and seeking to keep your skin hydrated, chemical exfoliants such as AHA and BHA can help. These special formulas promote the removal of dull, lifeless cells from your epidermis while facilitating moisture retention for softness and suppleness in appearance.
If you’re looking for an effective solution specifically designed for dry complexions, here are some recommended AHAs:
Glycolic Acid – When it comes to Glycolic Acid, its size is key because it allows the skin to absorb the product at a much deeper and faster rate than other products. Nevertheless, newcomers should be aware that concentration levels play an important role in their skincare routine.
Mandelic Acid – Extracted from almonds, this AHA possesses the biggest molecule size, thus making it less immediate than other AHAs. However, this ingredient has an extra superpower – not only does it prompt the skin to generate more oil, but also reinforces pores internally over time and builds them resilience!
If you have extra dry skin, indulge in luscious creams, oils, and overnight masks enriched with coconut oil. Coconut oil is rich in medium-chain amino acids that help your skin retain moisture to stay super soft and smooth. Another ingredient that has amazing results is the avocado, which contains antioxidants, including vitamins C and E. 100% PURE’s Retinol Restorative Overnight Balm has not only avocado, but also vegan retinol, and plant oils to moisturize and restore your skin.
Some causes of dry skin include:
Low humidity, chilly climates, excessive cleansing, extreme exfoliation, utilizing severe ingredients, maturing skin, and insufficient oil or hydration are all factors that can lead to dry skin.
Does your skin appear oily, shiny, and greasy? Is your makeup smudging throughout the day? Are you noticing large pores or breakouts on certain areas of your face?
If your sebum is deficient in this nutrient, it can become thicker and more likely to clog pores. To rebalance your complexion, look for an oil high in linoleic acid such as:
- Rosehip Oil: Full of fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants.
- Squalane: Retinol Restorative Neck Cream from 100% PURE harnesses the power of Squalane to reduce inflammation, swelling, and redness in your skin. Boasting excellent anti-inflammatory properties, this main ingredient works effectively to soothe distressed skin!
- Hemp Seed Oil: For those with oily skin, Hemp Seed Oil is a fantastic option due to its capability of controlling your skin’s oil production – so you don’t have to worry about it clogging your pores!
- Niacinamide: A remarkable skincare ingredient that has been demonstrated to not only regulate sebum production but also improve your ceramide levels, thereby keeping your complexion hydrated and moisturized. In other words, niacinamide can prevent the dry yet oily skin feeling! The Niacinamide Boost is a great addition to your skincare, it will minimize the appearance of large pores, reduce oil production, and restore sun-damaged skin for a rejuvenated glow.
- Zinc: Products that are comprised of the many forms of Zinc, such as zinc PCA, zinc sulfate, and zinc oxide have been known to reduce sebum production. Not only can this powerful ingredient be found in a variety of serums or moisturizers, but it is also a fundamental component within physical sunscreens! Who wouldn’t love some oil-controlling protection from the sun’s rays?
Some causes of oily skin include:
Genetics, high humidity, and temperatures, as well as hormonal imbalances (like during puberty or before a menstrual cycle) can all play a role in the development of skin conditions.
If your skin appears lackluster, feels congested, or has noticeable texture issues like whiteheads and blocked pores, then it may be time to look for a solution.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) help expedite cell regeneration by aiding in the process of shedding dead skin cells from your complexion, leaving younger looking and more velvety skin beneath.
- Glycolic acid is the most rapid-acting of all due to its minuscule molecular size, allowing it to go further into pores and effectively clear blackheads.
- Due to its larger molecule size, lactic acid isn’t capable of exfoliating as deeply as glycolic acid. Despite this limitation, it is a great surface treatment designed to help give skin an extra layer of polish and firmness. Additionally, since it’s much gentler than glycolic acid, beginners may find that they prefer using lactic acid instead.
- White Willow Bark Extract, a type of BHA, is often included in toners because it contains salicin – an anti-inflammatory and redness reducer. This ingredient brings many benefits to the skin due to its high levels of salicylate.
- Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that guards your skin against free radicals and environmental stressors, reducing dullness. Furthermore, layering vitamin C-infused skincare under other products can enhance their efficacy.
- Resveratrol is a powerful, complexion-brightening antioxidant that soothes skin and reduces redness. It also just happens to be an important ingredient in the Does It All Sheet Mask.
Some causes of congested skin include:
If you have poor skin turnover, live in a humid and polluted environment, or follow an unhealthy diet, dead skin cells can accumulate in your body.
Are you experiencing parched skin, looking drab, and feeling slick but taut? Then search for the following solutions:
Replenish and repair your skin’s moisture barrier with Glycerin, Sodium PCA, Ceramides, and Cholesterol – powerful humectant-rich ingredients. An amazing product to try is the Matcha Oat Milk Nourishing Mask from 100% PURE. These components may be the solution to bring hydration back into your skin if it is lacking due to a compromised water retention system (known as Trans Epidermal Water Loss or TEWL).
If you’re looking for a luxurious skin-healing serum to help replenish your skin barrier, then Mushroom Peptide Serum is a perfect choice! It’s an incredible product that works great on any irritated or sensitive skin.
Some causes of dehydrated skin include:
Dehydration, an impaired protective barrier that fails to retain hydration, air pollution, and excessive alcohol consumption are all factors that can lead to dry skin.
For those of you struggling with skin sensitivity or eczema/rosacea, look no further.
Characterized by dryness, sunburns, and frequent rashes as well as excessive redness, these conditions are often difficult to manage but can be improved with the right solution.
- Reinvigorate your skin’s natural defenses with barrier-friendly ingredients such as fatty acids, cholesterol, and NMFs (natural moisturizing factors), that restore the integrity of a compromised epidermal layer.
- Niacinamide-based products help your skin stay healthy and hydrated by aiding in the natural production of ceramides. These powerful ingredients renew, restore, and protect against moisture loss so that you can enjoy a fresh complexion every day!
- Utilizing soothing ingredients like Aloe Vera and Allantoin, this skincare product helps to soften the skin without causing any irritation.
- An abundance of skin-soothing benefits can be found in oat extract!
Needful advice: When introducing supplements into your daily routine, take things slow to avoid irritating your skin.
Some causes of irritated/sensitive skin include:
Unchecked exposure to damaging environmental elements such as wind, sunlight, extreme temperatures, and allergies can have a serious impact on your health. Moreover, conditions related to genetics or medical issues may further exacerbate the situation.
Does your skin look like an erupting volcano? If you have new breakouts, such as whiteheads, red cysts, or painful bumps – here are a few tips to help.
- Sulfur, commonly present in many purifying masks, is effective at combating breakouts due to its antibacterial properties and ability to soak up excess oil.
- Salicylic Acid (BHA) is an effective weapon against acne, as it penetrates deeply into the skin and has anti-inflammatory properties to speed up recovery from pimples while unclogging pores.
- Mandelic Acid is an ideal exfoliator for acne-prone skin as it helps to strengthen pores that have been damaged by breakouts and gently brightens the complexion. By dissolving dead skin cells, it can also help reduce hyperpigmentation and clear up existing blemishes.
- Glycolic Acid is an ideal choice for those struggling with acne, as it eliminates oil and dead skin buildup that clogs pores. Not only does Glycolic Acid help clear up existing blemishes, but it also diminishes acne spots and brightens hyperpigmentation for a more even complexion.
- Vitamin A works wonders on your skin, evening out pigmentation and promoting the healing of scars. It also helps regulate oil production for a glowing complexion.
Some causes of breakouts include:
- Hormones, over-active oil production, and body inflammation stemming from poor diet choices, stress levels, lack of sleep, and more can all contribute to skin issues.
If you’ve been experiencing the telltale signs of fungal acne, such as tiny white spots on your skin, look for products containing:
Antifungal medication like:
- The anti-dandruff shampoo Nizoral, which includes the active ingredient ketoconazole 1%, is now available in a stronger version of itself with ketoconazole 2%. That’s right – you heard it here first! Don’t let your skin suffer any longer! All you need to do is apply the shampoo on a damp face and use it like a wash-off mask. Leave it for about 5 minutes, then rinse off with water. Use this product every night or once in two nights during a 2 to 4 weeks time frame – You will feel the difference soon enough!
- It’s time to pick a winner. Do you choose Zinc Pyrithione 1% or Selenium Sulphide 2.5%, the same key ingredient found in popular anti-dandruff shampoos like Head & Shoulders? The decision is yours! Use the same process as above ^
- For skin that requires a deep and intensive cleansing, sulfates are the perfect solution! Our range of sulfur-based products offers washes, masks, and spot treatments to effectively reduce impurities in your complexion.
The Lavender Oat Milk Soothing Cleanser is designed to be gentle and safe for those with fungal acne-prone skin, specifically!
Are you beginning to notice fine lines and wrinkles? Try these natural remedies for younger-looking skin!
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can help reduce the visible signs of aging caused by free radicals. Protect your skin and fight off environmental damage with this helpful nutrient!
- Peptides are the secret to a healthy, youthful complexion. They can penetrate deep into your skin’s top layer and effectively boost collagen production – known for keeping skin supple, firm, and wrinkle-free! Furthermore, peptides can also help diminish existing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Copper isn’t only proven to lower inflammation, but also tightens your skin and diminishes the look of wrinkles, sun damage, and hyperpigmentation.
- Retinoids/Retinols are undoubtedly the most potent weapons in your skincare arsenal. This remarkable product helps rev up cell turnover and encourages collagen production, resulting in a more youthful appearance. But be sure to do some research before starting on your skincare journey with retinol/noid; begin slowly and don’t incorporate any supplementary products alongside it!
Some causes of fine lines and wrinkles include:
Sun exposure, cigarettes, heredity, and the passing of time are all potent contributors to wrinkles.
Make sure to stay tuned in to your skin’s needs, and tailor your skincare regimen accordingly. Everyone is different; so find the ingredients and products that are best for you, then switch them up if desired.